Perhaps the most optimal and the best way to ship your car is via an air cargo charter. This is especially true if you are under a time constraint or if your car is very valuable.
If your car is considered valuable and you are looking to transport it and maintain its integrity for certain, it’s imperative you choose air freight or a cargo charter. Transport via roadways or across seas is slightly more unsettled and could result in damage to the vehicle. Part of what makes air transport the better choice is in the additional care and attention to detail that is imparted on your valuable freight. Not to mention that air travel can potentially be as simple as a point to point transaction whereas, road travel or sea transport could be subject to multiple stops with the cargo even being left unattended at times.
Cost of the air transport of your car is subject to multiple factors like the weight of the car, the car’s value, the type of jet needed to accommodate the car effectively, and the distance it will need to travel, for example, are you transporting between states or across oceans? Most service providers will be happy to deliver a complimentary cost estimation over the phone.
There are few things you should take into consideration before determining what is the best way to ship your car and if either air freight or cargo charters are right for you.
- Most air freight carriers will insist your car be in good, running condition
- You will need to remove personal items and extras from the car
- You may be asked to limit the amount of gasoline l left in your car’s fuel tank
- International shipments may require wait times of up to between two to several days before the car is cleared through customs
- You will be asked to provide proof of ownership via your car title and documentation that identifies yourself as the owner to the freight carrier
- If your car is leased or financed, you may be required to get written permission from the leaseholder or financial institution
- To pick your car up, you will need to be prepared to show identification that corresponds to the car’s identifying and ownership documents
Further terms and conditions may apply per individual carriers and or per the regulatory agencies, depending upon where you are shipping your car. Enquire with one of the experts at Flex Air Charters as to what documents you specifically will need to produce at the time.