It has been called many things, “the party of the year”, the “Oscars of the East Coast” and more officially, the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute benefit. This black-tie event is held annually on the first Monday in May and after the drama of last year’s event, it is even more highly anticipated. The event, first launched in 1948 has become one of the most popular red carpet events worldwide. Held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, the largest art museum in the United States, the event organized by influential host Anna Wintour, Editor-in-Chief of American Vogue is hosted annually to raise money for the Costume Institute.
With hundreds of A-listers and celebrities invited, the one question on anyone invited or simply attending the sidewalk show’s mind is how to get there? The only way of keeping up with the Joneses is to reserve a 2019 Met Gala jet charter.
By reserving your own private aircraft to NYC, you will not only get there in time but in the style of the attendees. The biggest night in fashion brings to New York fashion designers, models, and celebrities to the Costume Institute’s collection of more than 35,000 costumes and accessories.
The Met Gala, also known as the Met Ball, is also not to be missed for the unique and often highly controversial theme implemented by Wintour and typically announced in November of the previous year. Because of this, the tickets to the event are extremely coveted. If you have been invited consider yourself one of the blessed to be considered worthy. Last year, tickets cost guests not personally invited roughly $30,000 apiece, and tables were about $275,000.
So, arriving in coach on a commercial airliner just won’t do if you want to get there as all of the other attendees have. Schedule a 2019 Met Gala jet charter today and arrive in the style of your famous peers, shrouded in discretion and swathed in luxury.
Private Airports for Your 2019 Met Gala Jet Charter
While traveling to JFK may get you more press time, for most, it seems a bit much with all of the crowds and very little privacy. We, at Flex Air Charters, can deliver you to a more discreet and private airport including these in the area:
- (KTEB) ~ Teterboro Airport, Teterboro ~ NJ
- (KJFK) ~ John F. Kennedy International Airport, Queens ~ NY
- (KLGA) ~ LaGuardia Airport, Queens ~ NY
- (KHPN) ~ White Plains Airport, Westchester County Airport, Westchester ~ NY
- (KFRG) ~ Farmingdale Airport, Farmingdale ~ Long Island, NY
Accommodations and Hotel Transfers:
If you are looking for a place to stay during your time in New York City, there are a few hotels that welcome A-listers and those attending the event. Hotel transfers can be provided by Flex Air Charters following your 2019 Met Gala jet charter by car service or helicopter transfer. Some of the most prestigious hotels in NYC include:
- The Mark ~ Celebrity visitors have included: Selena Gomez, Kendall Jenner, Kerry Washington, Emma Watson, Common, Oprah, Pharrell Williams, and Diddy.
- The Carlyle, a Rosewood Hotel ~ Celebrity visitors have included: Princess Diana, President John F. Kennedy, Prince William and Kate Middleton, Nicole Kidman, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- The NoMad Hotel ~ Celebrity visitors have included: Beyonce, Chance the Rapper, Alicia Keys, and Usher
- Gramercy Park Hotel ~ Celebrity visitors have included: The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Bob Marley, Debbie Harry, and Bob Dylan.
- The New York Edition ~ Celebrity visitors have included: Rihanna and Victoria Beckham
For Airport Transfers By Helicopter
If you are interested in flying by helicopter from your airport, Flex Air Charters can arrange helicopter transfers to the following heliports across the city:
- (K6N5) East 34th Street Heliport, NYC
- (KJRA) West 30th Street Heliport, NYC
- (KJRB) Downtown Manhattan/Wall Street Heliport, NYC
When You Are Ready, Flex Air Charters Is Waiting
If you are ready to make your 2019 Met Gala jet charter reservations, the professionals at Flex Air Charters are happy to assist you. We have many celebrity clients and have arranged private charters to and from events such at the Met Gala. Call us or have your publicist give us a call and we will make your reservation discretely and with all of your specific needs in mind. Allow us to make your private air travel the most luxurious it can be with comfortable private jets, turboprops and helicopters. We also provide a full concierge service as well to arrange a professional car service for your time in NYC this May.
For more information about the 2019 Met Gala please visit here.